Monday, February 14, 2011

Until the cows come home...

I cannot believe that we are coming down to the wire for Dance Marathon 2011!

The Exec Board is working super hard to make sure this event is an absolute success. They have spent countless hours pulling their weight in this whole extravaganza. I am so grateful to work with each of them.

I saw something today that I wanted to share with you... There is a new YouTube video advertising for Dance Marathon as a whole. For us at Georgetown who have never been to a Dance Marathon before, this helps to give you a look as to what to expect in April. Absolute magical chaos! It is posted on the facebook page right now, so go check it out.

As time draws closer I feel my stomach swirl into knots because I simply cannot wait to see this event come together. However, this Exec Board can plan until the cows come home but if we don't have student participation, the event won't be nearly as exciting.

I know that Dance Marathon is new on campus. I know that taking a risk to join something brand new is weird and you are leaping into the unknown. But I can promise you this, you will NOT regret this decision. I encourage each of you to at least try it this year. The registration fee is small, plus you get free food and a sweet t-shirt. And if nothing else, it is a great resume builder ;)

After going on multiple leadership conferences, I know for a fact that people want an event to bring Georgetown kids together. A pep rally. A campus wide event to get everyone pumped up. Who doesn't love them some Georgetown?

So do it, right now. Register for Dance Marathon. Get your friends together and join as a group. I promise that this is a decision you will not regret.

For The Kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment